Today is a beautiful day. The sun is shining, Rio is bright and bushy-tailed (wait, that’s every morning!), the early-morning rush to the dry cleaners to take advantage of the “in by 8, out by 5″ special reminded me how glad I am that I do *not* commute to work (and that SB does not commute to work by car), and for the first time in a week, I did not have nightmares last night.
Other things that have me feeling good:
- My first-ever fan letter about Tap & Gown! Yay!
- A note from a reader that she has discovered Secret Society Girl fanfiction (no, I will not read it, but still, cool!) Also, she says it’s steamy, if you’re into that kind of thing.
- My ability to wrangle Power Point to do my will while I plan for my first-ever school library visit.
- It’s spring! I have some pretty plant outside that just exploded into bright yellow flowers. No idea what kind of plant it is, but pretty! I also caught a glimpse of cherry blossoms.
- How much less congested I feel this morning. Is it possible my cold is over?
- The cool answers to yesterdays fan questions. (Even one from Sailor Boy!)
- I think I may finally be on the right track with my anthology story.
- Today’s Tap & Gown excerptlet:
I looked up. She was laughing at whatever her friend was saying. My eyes slid toward said friend.
Felicity Bower. Felicity, of Dragon’s Head. Felicity, who was dating my ex-boyfriend Brandon. Felicity, who had done her best to make my life a living hell for the first few months of this semester. Felicity, who would gleefully step over my cold, dead corpse if given half the chance.
I froze. Abort, abort!