Still abuzz from the star-studded premiere of Veronica Mars! You guys. You guys… I have lost the ability to form words. It was so amazing. I took all the pictures.
First of all–the flick is great. Go see it this weekend! It was a great follow-up to the show, and Rob Thomas and team do not let you down. All the characters you wanted to know about, a ton of surprises. I mean surprises. We gasped, we screamed, we cheered. At one point Faith, my date, actually jumped out of her seat. It was epic! Lives lost, bloodshed, spanning decades and continents… you will love it.
And the party! Every single person involved in that film is a total class act. They are so committed to their work, so involved, so supportive of and generous to the fans that helped make this movie possible. I am so, so grateful to have been a part of this project.
Highlights from yesterday include, but are not limited to:
- Getting my first blow-out at a cool hair-styling place called drybar, while I sipped a mimosa.
- Later seeing the girl across from me at the hair place at the premiere.
- Having lunch and ice cream with Margaret Stohl at a famous farm-to-table where celebrities do lunch.
- Driving down Rodeo Drive and Santa Monica Boulevard, Sunset and Melrose and all the other famous streets in the beautiful LA sunshine.
- The movie! The movie! The movie!
- The Chinese Theater, which is GORGEOUS.
- Meeting Rob Thomas! We met him first, in a big knot of YA authors including Rachel Caine and Mira Grant.
- Talking to Ryan Hansen about Party Down and Friends with Benefits.
- Having Enrico Colantoni introduce me to Diane Ruggiero (screenwriter!).
- Talking to Diane Ruggiero about writing!
- Meeting Darran Norris at the bar (Cliff!) and Amanda Noret,w ho had the most beautiful black gown on.
- Doing Charlie’s Angels guns with Kristen Bell.
- Meeting Martin Starr.
- Chatting and making friends with so many Veronica Mars fans!
- Dancing with Chris Lowell (at one point, Faith, Chris, and I made a Piz sandwich).
- And, oh, yeah. THIS: